Redmond Clay

Redmond Clay
Item #: 6255

Size: 10 oz
Single Price: $12.95
Quantity:


Redmond Clay, 10 oz
All Natural Old Home Remedy

  • Supports Healthy Digestion
  • Aids in Detoxification
  • Drawing Effect for Cuts, Bruises, Insect Bites, Bee Stings, Rashes and Acne
  • Can Be Made into a Poultice, a Facial Mask, a Detoxifying Bath or a Foot Soak

Millions of years ago, long before the earth knew pollutants of any kind, a range of volcanoes erupted, spreading volcanic ash across the ancient Sundance Sea. The water in this sea evaporated, leaving behind a bed of mineral-rich sodium bentonite. Near the small town of Redmond, Utah, we carefully extract this ancient volcanic ash, now resting deep within the earth, and bring it to you in its pure, natural state. Redmond Clay contains more than 50 natural trace minerals essential to human health.

Redmond Clay naturally rids the body of toxins, helping symptoms of food allergies, food poisoning, mucus colitis, viral infections, such as stomach flu and parasites which are unable to reproduce in the presence of clay. Works well with burns, bug bites, detoxification, etc. Clay can be used externally in many ways such as a clay poultice, mud pack or in the bath and, in skin care applications. In addition, it can be taken internally with water or spread upon food.

The negatively charge clay attracts positively charged particles (toxins). By in large, most toxic poisons are positively charged. These toxins are irresistibly drawn towards the clay. The very minuteness of the particles of Bentonite gives a large surface area in proportion to the volume used, thus enabling it to pick up many times its weight in positively charged particles. One gram of the product has a surface of 800 square meters. The greater the surface area the greater its power to pick up positively charged particles.

According to the Canadian Journal of Microbiology (31 [1985], 50-53), Bentonite can absorb pathogenic viruses, aflatoxin (a mold), and pesticides and herbicides including Paraquat and Roundup. The clay is eventually eliminated from the body with the toxins bound to its multiple surfaces.

Bentonite has unusual attributes when combined with water. The electrical and molecular formation of clay quickly takes a different form. This produces a powerful electric charge that has the ability to absorb toxic elements from the intestinal tract or other poisons into its core, and stores it.

Basically, when the clay gets wet it swells similar to a sponge and draws toxins into its center. Once the the electric charge has pulled the toxins, they are never released.

Suggested Use:
Internal Use:
Mix 1 teaspoon of dry powder clay in a half glass of water, stir it up, and let it sit 6 to 8 hours. Then drink either the clear liquid off the top, or stir it up and drink all of it. Depending on your liking, you can drink it in the morning, throughout the day, or in the evening. People find that the clay water tastes better cold than at room temperature. Because the clay draws toxins to itself, some conditions may appear worse before they get better. Do not leave metal in contact with the wet clay, as it will quickly rust. Conveniently, have Redmond Clay available to drink by adding a ½ cup of dry powder Redmond Clay to a two/three quart glass pitcher of water, stir it briskly and put it in the refrigerator. Within a few hours, the clay will settle to the bottom and most of the water will be clear. Drink freely, and when the water level gets low just wash out the remaining sediments and start over. Some sources recommend that you drink the clay water once a day. However, we have received feedback from customers that have had great success drinking it multiple times a day, and others drink as the need arises.

External Use:
Prepare Redmond Clay for external use by mixing it with enough water to make a gel about the consistency of mustard. Use filtered or distilled water when available, but you can use tap water as well. Apply the gel/paste directly on the skin for a drawing effect, as in the case of a bee sting, mosquito bite, boil, spider bite, stinging nettle, etc. If the clay is not covered it will dry out, and as it dries, you will feel it draw and pull. If you want a tightening effect, as in the case of a facial for acne, pimples, or minor cuts, leave it on until it is almost, but not totally dry, then remove. If you want a more cooling and soothing effect, as for burns or scrapes and bruises, cover the gel with a plastic covering or wet cloth so it won't dry out. To remove the clay pack, simply wash it off with water and a gentle rubbing motion. Do not reuse the clay pack.

After applying there are several options:

  • Uncovered: Some people put on the clay and leave it uncovered so that it dries out within the hour. As it dries, it will draw or pull.

  • Covered with Cloth: Covering the Redmond Clay with a cloth will hold it in place and cause the clay to dry slower. Doing this enables you to leave the clay on overnight or to walk around the house without getting wet clay all over the furniture. Wetting the cloth with water will slow the drying rate and cause more of a cooling sensation.

  • Covered with Plastic: Covering the Redmond Clay Gel with plastic wrap or a plastic bag keeps the clay from drying out which is important if you are applying to a burn. Even though the clay doesn't dry out, some people will wash the clay off and replace it once or twice a day. Other people have left the same pack on a burn for a couple of days until the burn was 'just pink skin'. One key: Do not let the clay dry on a burn; keep it moist until it is time to wash it off.

  • Using the Dry Redmond Clay: People say using it as baby powder causes diaper rash to disappear by the next diaper change. Some people feel that sprinkling the dry Redmond Clay on an open, infected wound causes more of a drawing/healing action than using the gel.

  • Clay Baths: Many people in the health food industry feel that the skin is a primary avenue for detoxification. Putting Redmond Clay in the bath seems to increase the drawing effect which helps people detoxify. To use the clay for a clay bath, simply add 1 to 2 cups of Redmond Clay under the faucet as you fill the tub of hot water. Soak in it for 30 to 45 minutes.

  • An alternate technique is do a foot bath. To do this simply put 3 tablespoons of the Redmond Clay in a pan of water and soak your feet for 30- 45 minutes.

Supplement Facts:
Serving Size 1 tsp (2.74 g); 103 servings per container

Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Calcium 52 mg 5%
Potassium 25 mg <1%
Magnesium 120 mg 30%
Manganese 2.4 mg 121%
Iron 17 mg 97%
Iodine 72 mcg 48%
Zinc 0.3 mg 2%
Ingredients:Redmond Clay (Bentonite Clay of Montmorillonite Family)    

California Residents: Proprosition 65 Warning

*Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.