With all the publicity surrounding the advent of cannabidiol, or CBD, it’s only natural to ask yourself, “What’s all the excitement about, and why should I add this to my daily regimen?”
I’ve been paying close attention to CBD’s growing popularity, but before we introduced our own brand of CBD products, I wanted to make sure we could provide you with the highest quality offerings available anywhere.
As our team went through the process of determining precisely how we would formulate our products, we were laser-focused on a list of 4 must-have features. Please check them out below, but let’s first look at some reasons why so many people today view CBD supplements as a valuable tool for achieving optimum health.
CBD: An Ever-Evolving Story
As reported in Harvard Medical School’s Harvard Health Blog, “the strongest evidence for (CBD’s) effectiveness is in treating some of the cruelest childhood epilepsy syndromes.” This was confirmed in 2018 when “the FDA approved the first ever cannabis-derived medicine for these conditions.”1
In addition, perhaps recognizing the perceived value many consumers place on hemp-based supplements, “… states have legalized the sale of CBD oil, which is being used and studied for a range of health problems including: stress, anxiety, joint pain, post-traumatic stress disorder, menstrual cramps, nausea, insomnia, addiction, autism, multiple sclerosis and other autoimmune disorders, as well as schizophrenia. The oil may also have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.”2
CBD is still relatively new, and our knowledge of its effectiveness for the conditions mentioned above is an ever-evolving story. But it’s hard to ignore the increasing number of people across the U.S. and around the world that are citing positive results.
What CBD Users Are Saying
Generally, CBD users report feeling calmer and more at ease. Their blood pressure normalizes. Pain subsides. Sleep, digestion and circulation improve. People’s immune systems get stronger, and they feel happier and more content. More specifically, here are some favorable reviews posted by CBD users on WebMD3:
- “I take CBD oil to help with chronic pain and it has changed my life! If I forget to take it for a day I can really feel how much worse my pain is.”
- “For me, CBD simply takes away my anxiety completely. It is incredible. It doesn’t necessarily make you feel relaxed, and certainly doesn’t make you high or anything, it just makes you not anxious anymore.”
- “I have been using this for pain from arthritis and have had amazing results.”
- “I can’t say enough about CBD. After going to several different neurologists who kept prescribing anti-seizure meds which did not work, we began using CBD oil which provided almost instant relief.”
- “I use CBD oil to help relieve pain from neuropathy.”
Our 4 Essential Product Features
Here’s the list of features I referred to earlier, along with reasons why you should insist on them as you navigate the maze of CBD products on the market today:
- Full Spectrum CBD Hemp Oil Extract – CBD is just one of many cannabinoids, and “full spectrum hemp extract” means the product contains a complete array of both cannabinoids and terpenes, compounds that work together to produce an “entourage effect” that helps bring our bodies’ systems into balance.
- Subcritical CO2 Extraction – This unique manufacturing process makes the entourage effect possible. Subcritical means there’s no heat used during extraction, which enables all the powerful compounds – CBD, other cannabinoids and terpenes – to survive and have a positive impact on your health. Contrast that with the other popular method, supercritical CO2 extraction, which preserves only the CBD.
- Grown in the USA – Specific standards as set forth in the 2014 and 2018 Farm Bills passed by Congress are required for legally growing, cultivating and producing industrial hemp plants. To ensure that these standards are met, it’s best to use CBD-based products from manufacturers located in the USA.
- Independent Lab-Tested – A 2017 study from the University of Pennsylvania found that nearly 70% of CBD products sold online did not contain the concentration of CBD oil listed on the label. The team also reported that several products analyzed contained significant amounts of THC.4 That’s why it’s important to choose CBD products that are tested by a third-party lab to verify that what’s stated on the label is accurate.
3 CBD Products with All These Features
I insist that any CBD product that carries the Baar logo have all of these important features. To learn more about our current offerings, click on any of the links below. Each product listing contains additional information on how plant-based cannabinoids and terpenes work together to help regulate the body’s homeostasis, or general state of balance. And please contact us with any additional questions.
1 “Cannabidiol (CBD) – What We Know and What We Don’t,” Peter Grinspoon, M.D., Harvard Medical School, Harvard Health Blog, Health.harvard.edu/blog/cannabidiol-cbd-what-we-know-and-what-we-don’t (downloaded April 24, 2019).
2 “Using CBD Oil for Pain Relief?,” Ask Dr. Weil, Andrew Weil, M.D., Oct. 19, 2018, Drweil.com/vitamins-supplements-herbs/herbs/using-cbd- oil-for-pain-relief/ (downloaded April 24, 2019).
3 “User Reviews & Ratings – Cannabidiol,” WebMD, webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientreview-1439-CANNABIDIOL.aspx?drugid=1439&drugname=CANNABIDIOL&pageIndex=1&sortby=3&conditionFilter=-500 (downloaded April 30, 2019).
4 “Penn Study Shows Nearly 70 Percent of Cannabidiol Extracts Sold Online Are Mislabeled,” press release, Penn Medicine News (Nov. 7, 2017).
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.