If you are reading this article, you have probably experienced problems with regularity or constipation at some point in your life. Everyone’s body is different so if you have occasional irregularity and/or constipation, or are looking to improve your regularity, try following these 10 Natural Tips to get your body back on track.
1.Drink Enough Water During the Day: Much of the literature on the subject for improving regularity advises drinking 6-8 glasses of water per day. Every day you lose water through your breath, perspiration, urine and bowel movements. Keep it replenished; your body is approximately 65% water.
2. Increase the Fiber Content of Your Meals: Fresh Fruits and Vegetables are high in fiber. Selecting fruits or a high fiber cereal for breakfast is great. Adding the roughage of a fresh salad for lunch also helps. Minimize junk food and refined starches.
3. Chew Your Food Completely: Your saliva has digestive enzymes and this will help you digest your food better and improve the regularity of your digestive system.
4. Take tiny sips of Olive Oil during the day: This is a very simple approach and Olive Oil produces a gentle effect to the body’s eliminations.
5. Castor Oil Packs over the abdomen: Apply a Castor Oil Pack and heating pad over the abdomen for about 1 hour. Even this external application of Castor oil works to stimulate the action of the colon and enhance the body’s lymphatic functions.
6. After Dinner Take A Walk: Exercise, especially walking, is great for stimulating the regularity of the digestive track and the lymphatic system.
7. Minimize Stress by a method that works best for you: Walking, meditation, deep breathing, reading and adequate sleep.
8. Know your prescription medication side effects: Many prescription medications list ‘May cause constipation’ as the number one side effect. If this is the case, check with your doctor as it may be necessary to take a digestive aid supplement to improve your regularity.
9. Supplement with Super Digestive Enzymes: Digestive enzymes can improve overall digestion and alleviate constipation. These targeted enzymes help breakdown food into small, absorbable molecules. Even with the healthiest diet, adequate fiber intake and sufficient water, the body can still require digestive help. Adding our digestive supplement, Super Digestive Enzymes, with a meal optimizes the breakdown of fats, carbohydrates and proteins which in turn helps the body absorb the nutrients it needs to be vital and healthy.
10. Take a gentle laxative. For short-term use, a laxative may be required. Sulflax™, Castor Oil softgels, InnerClean, Senna capsules and Fletcher’s Castoria offer relief from the discomfort of constipation and improve your body’s regularity. Choose the one that is effective for you.
© Baar Products, Inc., 2015