This evidence is connecting the pathogen, P. gingivalis to Alzheimer’s. This is the pathogen that causes gum disease or periodontitis. An inflammation of the gums. The researchers identified enzymes called “gingipains” secreted by this bacteria in the brains of Alzheimer’s patients. These enzymes are toxic to a protein needed for normal brain and neuronal function. In addition to that, the study found that mice with this P. gingivalis infection resulted in a brain colonization and increased production of the component of amyloid plaques.
We don’t know if Ioxan™ can prevent Alzheimer’s. But, we believe if Ioxan is capable of helping so many people with their gum conditions there is a good chance they may also be getting the benefit of a healthier mind and a longer, more joyous life. I will continue to use Ioxan and our Ioxan Salt and Soda.
Testimonials on Ioxan:
“Since using the Ioxan, Herbal Gum Massage and Mouthrinse, my gums no longer bleed. Thank you so much!” – M.H., Covina, CA
“I’d also like to comment on item #772 Ioxan. My gum and teeth health have greatly increased.” – A.L., Libertytown, MD
“…The Ioxan is nothing short of miraculous.” – K.C., Sequim, WA
“Ioxan is the most effective gum therapy I have found.” – A.B., MD., Wheeling, WV
“I had not gone to the dentist for nearly four years and when I finally went I was told, after the cleaning, to come back in three months because my gums didn’t look healthy and that I may need a deep cleaning. For two months prior to my return I used IOXAN and was glad when told that my gums now look healthy.” – W.B. Sarasota, FL
“IOXAN … worked! I used the stuff twice a day, working it into the gum with an electric rotary toothbrush… Last week, I went for another checkup without telling the hygienist what I had done, but merely asked what the “pockets” looked like. ‘What pockets? There are none!’ No more talk of surgery and my mouth feels just fine!” – F.Z., St. Augustine, FL
“Excellent products! My husband was told he needed gum surgery. I bought IOXAN. A few months later, the dentist was amazed and said he didn’t need surgery! I gave our dentist all the info about it for other patients. He was impressed! THANKS!” – J.C., Wichita Falls, TX
- “We may finally know what causes Alzheimer’s – and how to stop it” NewScientist. 23 January 2019.
- “Gum disease may be the cause of Alzheimer’s – here’s how to avoid it” NewScientist. 24 January 2019.
- “Periodontal disease associates with higher brain amyloid load in normal elderly” Neurobiology of Aging. 5 November 2014.
- “Periodontitis is associated with cognitive impairment among older adults” Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry. 5 May 2009.
- “Active Invasion of Porphyromonas gingivalis and Infection-Induced Complement Activation in ApoE-/- Mice Brains” IOS Press Content Library. 30 October 2015.
- “Periodontitis induced by bacterial infection exacerbates features of Alzheimer’s disease in transgenic mice” Nature Partner Journals. 6 November 2017.
- “Chronic oral application of a periodontal pathogen results in brain inflammation, neurodegeneration and amyloid beta production in wild type mice” PLoS ONE. 3 October 2018.
*Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.