Natural New Zealand Manuka Honey
- Aids in Healing of Cuts, Burns, Scars & Scrapes
- Antibacterial Properties Assist in Clearing Infections
- Natural Aloe Vera Helps Soothe Damaged Skin
- Vitamin B Locks in Moisture
What is Manuka Honey and how does it work?
Active Manuka Honey is a pure, natural, un-pasteurized organic honey produced by bees that collect nectar from the Manuka Bush also known as the Tea Tree Bush or Melaleuca Bush (Leptospermum).It acts as an anti-inflammatory and reduces or eliminates unpleasant odor (malodor) from oozing wounds. It helps protect against damage caused by bacteria and helps repair tissue damage from infection.
In addition to fighting infections, Active Manuka Honey helps to reduce scarring by creating a moist healing environment, gently lifting the scab while new skin cells are generated. This creates a level surface for the new skin cells, minimizing the visibility of scars.
What makes Wound Honey different from other forms of Manuka Honey available?
In addition to Active Manuka Honey, Wound Honey contains natural Aloe Vera, a known anti-inflammatory which acts as an additional natural emollient and antiseptic. Aloe Vera is used for skin conditions such as eczema, burns and minor cuts.
Wound Honey also contains Panthenol, a non-irritating form of Vitamin B which has moisturizing properties. When this natural, hydrating vitamin is applied externally it penetrates into lower skin layers, gets absorbed into the skin cells and turns into Pantothetic Acid (also known as Vitamin B). The addition of Panthenol helps to speed up the regeneration of new skin cells and creates a moist environment that reduces scarring.
Key Factors to Wound Honey
- Wound Honey has antibacterial properties that assist in clearing infections and protect wounds against additional infections.*
- Wound Honey has anti-inflammatory properties which reduce swelling and improve circulation to the wound site, reducing pain and decreasing exudates (ooze) from the wound.*
- Wound Honey has natural emollient and antiseptic properties which reduce pain.*
- Wound Honey stimulates granulation to speed up healing and minimize scarring.*
- Wound Honey also contains Aloe Vera and Panthenol to increase its effectiveness in reducing pain and scarring.*
Gently wash the area with water and let dry for a few minutes. Apply Wound Honey directly to the area, completely covering the wound. Cover with a non-stick bandage. Repeat every twelve hours, including fresh dressing, until the wound is fully healed.
If you wish to minimize scarring, it is recommended that you continue to use Wound Honey for several weeks after the wound has completely healed.
New Zealand Active Manuka Honey (Activity level: 12 plus), Aloe Vera, Panthenol. Sterilized.
Do NOT use if allergic to bee venom or bee products. Do NOT use on children under the age of 2. Intended for topical application only. Consult your physician prior to use if you are diabetic. Any infection should be examined by a physician or qualified healthcare professional.
"I am diabetic, and I am healing a diabetic infection with Wound Honey and this product is the only one that can do this. It is fantastic, your catalog has so many other interesting things as well." - D.W., Naples, NY
|*Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.|